Click here to see the 2014-2015 DSF Budget. (You can also link to the budget with the BUDGET option on the upper menu.)
Are you excited yet? You should be! It’s Jog-a-thon season at Dailard. The prizes are big, and your chance to win them bigger than ever! Put new laces on your running shoes and start training, because Wednesday, February 25 is only a few weeks away!
Students and parents new to Dailard may wondering what it’s all about can find the complete explanation at the Jog-a-thon web page, but the short version is this:
- Collect donations from family, friends, or sponsors,
- run laps with your class,
- win prizes,
- everybody profits!
Students and parents who think they already know what the Jog-a-thon is all about are in for some surprises of their own… This year, students who bring in corporate or business sponsors–think your family dentist or your favorite restauranteur–earn towards their individual fundraising goal the money from this sponsorship. The Jog-a-thon Committee has put together a letter kids can use to solicit funds to help enterprising and ambitious students get started. If you have questions about this new program that weren’t answered during the Jog-a-thon Kick-off Assembly, ask the committee for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Money the DSF raises from the Jog-a-thon pays for a Dailard PE consultant for a year. This year, the DSF is also investing in the school computer lab, buying books for classroom libraries, paying for an art consultant, funding field trip buses, supplying teacher grants, and providing other academic and cultural enrichment to our students. We’re happy we have so many generous parents contributing and so many enthusiastic students participating! It’s a fun day, and we look forward to running by your side.
Thank you so much for your support.
Have Your Say!
All of our parent groups invite you to attend their meetings. Find out what they are planning, how you can help, offer your input, and help support our school. Everyone is encouraged to attend. Upcoming meetings below:
NEW DATE! Thursday, January 29, 6:00PM: Coffee Talk (
with Linda Richman with the DSF)
Bring your mug to the Teachers’ Lounge!
Wednesday, February 4, 7:50 AM: Activities & Events Committee
First Wednesday of the month in the Teachers’ Lounge.
Tuesday, February 10, 5:30 PM: DSF Board Meeting
Second Tuesday of the month.
Wednesday, February 11, 7:00 PM: Dailard DADS (Dads Assisting Dailard Students)
Second Wednesday of the month, Emiliano’s Restaurant.
For specific event times, locations, and details, click on the calendar dates below.
- January 7: Activities & Events Community Meeting
- January 7: Garden Club
- January 9: Moms’ Breakfast
- January 13: DSF Board Meeting
- January 14: Yearbook Sales Begin
- January 14: Grandparents and Graham Crackers
- January 14: DADS Meeting
- January 19: NO SCHOOL (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- January 20: Purchase Yearbook with Cash or Check after School
- January 21: Garden Club
- January 21: Purchase Yearbook with Cash or Check after School
- January 22: Purchase Yearbook with Cash or Check after School
- January 23: Last Day to Submit Yearbook Order Form with Check
- January 23: Friday Night Lights
- January 27: Jog-a-thon Kick-off Assembly
January 27: K-2 Variety Show
- January 29: Coffee Talk (with the DSF)
January 29: 3-5 Variety Show
- January 30: Dads and Doughnuts
- January 30: Friday Flag